Plastic Cards in New Zealand
Plastic Cards in New Zealand 2005 is our first data rich report on New Zealand cards markets. The report includes data on key card metrics that is broken down by card type and by competitor and supported by the analysis of our Asia Pacific Cards and Payments team. Analysis includes discussion of key competitors and recent regulatory developments in the New Zealand market.
- Covers credit, debit and charge cards with data broken down by card type, card scheme and card issuer
- Based on interviews with leading cards executives in New Zealand
- Includes forecasts of credit and debit card accounts and credit card balances outstanding to 2009
Since 2002 American Express has made an aggressive move into the credit card space. It remains a small player but it is now one equally reliant on credit and charge cards. At the end of 2004 American Express had an equal number of credit and charge card accounts
Singularly Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) is the largest credit and charge card issuer in New Zealand accounting for 21.6 per cent of the total number accounts at the end of 2004 and 27.6 per cent of balances outstanding.
We find the BNZ Limited Edition VISA Platinum Card a compelling proposition. By charging a low rate of interest BNZ appeals to cardholders who revolve a negative balance. At the same time by paying a relatively high rate of interest on positive balances BNZ appeals to consumers who always keep such a balance in their credit card account.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain insight on key cards metrics including transaction volumes and values, number of accounts and balances outstanding
- Examine the rationale for entering New Zealand cards markets
- Gain our insight on the future of the New Zealand cards markets
The Plastic Card Online.INC manufactures a wide variety of plastic cards, including id cards, gift cards, membership cards, hotel key cards, ministry cards, mouse pads and related products. More information is available on their website: www.plasticcardonline.com