Plastic Cards In Australia
Plastic Cards in Australia 2005 is our first country specific and data rich report on the Australian cards market. Data is broken down by card type and by competitor and is commonly provided for the period 2002-2004. Data is supported by the analysis of our Asia Pacific Cards and Payments team. Analysis includes discussion of key competitors and recent regulatory developments.
- This report considers why Australian card markets have grown and provides further evidence of how rapid this growth has been.
- The report breaks down data on plastic card markets in Australia by scheme and by issuer. It also analyses competitor strategies.
- The report presents a series of forecasts of plastic card markets in Australia for the period 2005-2009.
Relative to total household credit, credit card debt has actually fallen in percentage terms. At the end of 2004 balances outstanding on credit and cards accounted for 3.7% of total household credit, down from 4.0% at the end of 2002.
MasterCard has increased its market share over the 2002-2004 period, from 28.9% in 2002. The scheme has successfully managed to win a number of card programs in recent times, which have included many no-frills cards offering low rates and zero percent balance transfer rates.
The interchange reforms brought the tide of change for the Australian cards market. A combination of the big banks reactions to the reforms, foreign entry from the likes of GE and increased competition from regional and niche players kick-started a strategic revolution.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain insight on key cards metrics including transaction volumes and values, number of accounts and balances outstanding
- Examine the rationale for entering Australian cards markets
- Gain insight on the future of the Australian cards markets
The Plastic Card Online.INC manufactures a wide variety of plastic cards, including id cards, gift cards, membership cards, hotel key cards, ministry cards, mouse pads and related products. More information is available on their website: www.plasticcardonline.com